Instructor, Jessica Merrell: "Christine is so sweet! She comes to class happy and ready to workout with her sweet Ava! Christine is super fun to have around and always so kind and helpful to all the moms and kiddos. We love having her apart of our Stroller Strides family! Keep up the great work Christine, and continue making strides in fitness, motherhood and life! "
This month we recognize CHRISTINE BAYAN for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Stroller Strides Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, CHRISTINE," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family?
DJ (husband) & Ava (13 months)
2. What is or was your career? I was an elementary teacher but now a full-time mom.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of North Orange County and what has it done for you? I've been a member for 10 months. Stroller Strides has given me a group of friends that support me through all the stages of motherhood. It has also given me the confidence to accept my new body for what it is and to stay healthy for myself and my family.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? Motherhood has taught me to be selfless without thinking twice about it. It has also taught me why mom's talk about their children all the time. Now that I am a mom, that's all I do! I totally get it now.
5. Favorite website(s)? skinnytaste.com
6. List three current obsessions. Baking, Disneyland & Big Bang Theory
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do? Ava loves it when we sing together. She'll start dancing immediately. It melts my heart.
8. Any tips for other moms out there? (1) We all have bad days, but tomorrow is a new day - a fresh start. (2) Don't sweat the small stuff. (3) Don't be scared to ask for help. This is has been my biggest "mom" challenge. We all can admit we need help once in awhile. Asking for help is the hardest part for me but I have found more people are willing to help than I realized.