Instructor, Shelley Hernandez : "Jennifer is truly beautiful inside and out. I appreciate her realness and dedication to fitness. She always knows how to make us laugh, is always smiling and is an all around Rockstar mom!"
This month we recognize JENNIFER HARRIS for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Fit4Mom Team would like to say, "THANK YOU, JENNIFER," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!
1. Who are the members of your family?
Husband Gary, children Juliet (5), Audrey (4), Finn (2.5), and Grace (15 months)
2. What is or was your career?
I have a background in economic consulting and before staying home with my kids, I worked in real estate development in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and Newport Beach.
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of North Orange County and what has it done for you?
I joined 3.5 years ago when my second daughter was 5 months. I had recently moved back to Fullerton to care for my mom during a serious illness, and it was a very difficult time of my life emotionally. She passed away and my whole world felt like it had crumbled as I navigated caring for 2 daughters born 14 months apart. Joining Stroller Strides was a way to get outside and out of the fog, to do something healthy for myself and for my children. It has been such a blessing over the last several years as my family has grown! I have gotten my body back after 4 babies, and also met the most amazing moms in our community! Developing those bonds of friendship, having a listening ear when the sleepless nights were dragging on, and the comaraderie of doing something good for ourselves and modeling that to our kids- all has been priceless to me.
4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
How much love can be bundled up in one little person (or 4 little people!), but also how tiring and hard it can be. No one can quite prepare you for the tiredness of motherhood! Life is never, ever boring around here, but man it can be tiring!
5. Favorite website(s)?
Facebook! I use it for everything. I hope there is never a Facebook apocalypse!
6. List three current obsessions.
1. Stitch Fix- online personal styling. It's so fun to get my box of surprises!
2. Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte - I can never quit you, Starbucks.
3. Konmari adventures- decluttering my house with the principles from the book, "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up". It makes you ask whether every item in your house "brings you joy" or not.
4. 4th bonus- getting spray tans from Kim Iula! I'm hooked, yo!
7. What is your child's/children's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
"When you take us to the ice cream store."
8. Any tips for other moms out there?
You aren't alone. Motherhood is a hard journey for all of us, no matter whether it is your 1st baby or your 4th, and getting together with other moms helps so much on the hard days. Also, get out of the house! If anybody is every cranky, crying, or otherwise being a pain, a walk around the block always does wonders! So does an Icee from Target for them and a Starbucks for you!